Simple Vanilla Cupcake and Ganache frosting
This easy recipe is perfect to make with kids and delicious to serve and sure impress your friends and family with this quick chocolate ganache.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 215 grams bittersweet chocolate
- 225 ml table cream can be substituted by heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper liners. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes. Add the milk, beat until combined. For last add flour, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Pour or spoon 1/4 cup of batter into each cupcake tin. Bake for 20 in the preheated oven. To test if your cupcakes are done insert a toothpick or skewer into the center of one of the cakes, if it comes out clean it is ready! Let it cool down completely. Make the ganache by chopping good quality chocolate. Place it into a heatproof bowl. Move bowl over a pan with simmering water. Stir chocolate until all melted. Remove from heat and add table cream. Stir until completely combined. Dip the top of the cupcakes into the ganache. Garnish with sprinkles while still wet.
After a few hours the chocolate ganache will harden a little bit, this means will be more creamy than runny, at this point you can use a spatula to frost or pipe if desired.