This is an easy recipe for a soft and flavorful gluten free bread. It freezes great too!
SANDWICH BREAD | GLUTEN FREE | EASY RECIPE
This is an easy recipe for a flavorful gluten free bread. Freezes great too!
- 2 ½ tsp dry active yeast 11g
- 3½ tbsp sugar 43g
- 1¼ cup warm dairy milk or vegetable milk 300 ml
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter 30 g
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup rice flour 325g
- ½ cup tapioca starch 52g
- ½ cup potato starch 80g
- ⅓ cup cornstarch 46g
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks or xanthan gum 11g
- 1¾ tsp salt 14g
- 1 tsp baking powder 3g
- In a ¼ cup of warm water dissolve ½ teaspoon sugar and active dry yeast. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes to activate.
- In another container mix milk and vinegar, set aside to sour for about 5 minutes.
- In a deep bowl add rice flour, sugar, potato starch, tapioca starch, salt and psyllium husks, mix well.
- In a bowl place the eggs and blend with a fork, add canola oil and melted butter and stir.
- Add the egg mixture to soured milk. Pour over flour mixture, stir and add activated yeast.
- Mix well all ingredients and for last add baking powder. The consistency is similar to cake batter.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter, pour the batter and cover with plastic wrap also greased with oil. Leave a small opening for air to circulate.
- Let the dough rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375F, bake bread for 20 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350F and finish baking for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Before removing bread from oven make sure it is completely baked piercing the center with a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean the bread is ready to come out of the oven.
- Let cool down for 20 minutes and remove from pan.
- To store slice loaf, transfer to a ziploc and store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
For better texture toasted or grill slices after chilled.