Basic White Cake
Perfect for decorated cakes, this is a fluffy but not crumbly white cake batter that is great for layered cakes, pair really well with fruit, white mousse and much more! Take a look at some cool cakes using this recipe.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 250 ml milk at room temperature
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 3 tbs unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tbs baking powder
- In a large bowl whip egg whites to medium firm peaks and reserve.
- In a separate large bowl whip butter, sugar and egg yolks until creamy, add milk, flour and baking powder.
- Add batter to egg whites bowl and folding gently.
- Grease and flour 2 9” (23cm) round cake pans and divide batter between them.
- Bake it at 350F (180C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
Let it cool down completely before removing from pan and slicing.