Flavorful and nutrient dense salad that will sure satisfy your hunger.
- 1/2 firm pear d'jour
- 1/4 cup pecans roasted, raw or candied
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 30 g goat cheese
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbs honey or maple syrup
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs d'jon mustard
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, mustard and salt until creamy.
- Toss chopped kale with dressing massaging leaves. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- While kale tenderizes peel and dice pear.
- Sprinkle pears, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese over greens.
Substitutions: Honey for maple syrup; Pecans for any other nut of your choice; Pears for green apples; Dry cranberry for dried cherries. Enjoy!