This is a traditional Brazilian carrot cake, super simple batter and it is delicious when paired with chocolate frosting. This tastes like childhood to me 🙂
- 175 g raw carrots 3 medium
- 320 g flour 2 cups
- 400 g sugar 2 cups
- 3 eggs
- 237 ml vegetable oil 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 180 g bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup table cream or heavy cream
- In a blender cup add oil, salt, carrots and eggs and blend it well.
- Add sugar to blended ingredients and blend until you get a thick cream.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder.
- Slowly incorporate flour mixture and carrot cream.
- Pour batter into 21 lined cupcake cavities ¾ full.
- Bake it at 350F (175C) until lightly golden (15 -20 minutes).
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Melt chocolate chips, refer to packaging instructions.
- Add cream to chocolate and mix it well.
- After cupcakes cool completely transfer ganache to confectioner's bag fitted with grass tip.
- Frost cupcakes making nests with ganache and garnish with chocolate eggs.
I used Cadbury Mini chocolate eggs, love them. Make nests using grass tip #233. You can also use star, rose or round tip.